How To Take Care Of Pearl Jewellery
Pearls have become increasingly popular and have been made cool again by the likes of Kamala Harris and Ariana Grande. If you are a jewellery-lover then you are sure to have this sea mineral in your jewellery boxes, and we are here to help you maintain their beautiful lustre.
Why is it so important to take care of Pearls?
It is important to take good care of pearls to prevent:
- flaking surfaces
- dulling colour
How to look after Pearls
- Try to maintain a stable temperature and moisture level for pearls
- Store them in a soft velvet pouch or box to prevent impact from hard surfaces or edges
- Keep pearls clean by avoiding contact with deodorant, perfume and cream
- If your pearls do get dirty, wash them with warm water and a soft sponge only - no soaps!
- Prevent banging or grazing pearls with other pearls, gemstones and metals
- Do not allow your pearls to come in to contact with vinegar as this will dissolve them
- Small surface scratches can be polished, but we would advise leaving this to a professional to prevent further damage
- If wearing threaded pearl jewellery pieces, we would advise you to ensure that there are diving knots between each pearl to prevent pearls grazing each other and to ensure that they do not all hit the floor in the string breaks
We hope that these tips help you to care for your pearl treasures.